Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Last Call at the DQ



If you haven't had your ice cream sundae at your local Dairy Queen or Foster Freeze or whatever it's called in your neck of the woods, your days are numbered. Unless you live in the south, like Texas or Florida the land of sunshine, where looking for a Dairy Queen is not high on your list of priorities right now. (my heart goes out to you)

It was 39 degrees this morning when I awoke in the state of Minnesota where summer is approximately 6 weeks long haha. Not really haha, it's very irritating. I just get the garden going, the blooms pop out, and then the next thing I know, the newscasters are telling me to cover them tonight because we might have an early frost.

So yesterday I had a chocolate sundae at my local DQ. I sat on the bench overlooking the concrete parking lot and watched the kids roll in on their bikes, the old folks get out of their cars and walk to the window together, the young couples holding hands while balancing dipped cones in the other, and it was a good day, a day to celebrate the winding down of a beautiful, if short, summer.

No comments: