Thursday, July 19, 2012

Back to the Sixties


Remember culottes?







This pose was very popular, very lungy.....



Gotta love that girl in the green - what's with the hand?





And here I am, in the early seventies, still in my Mod phase.  I think I was standing in a parking ramp. I was in love with these bell bottoms, wore them everywhere!




 I know, I know, you're saying, where have I been? I've been working really hard on several illustration projects, one of which being a depiction of two performing musicians in 1960's attire.  I will post the results in a bit, once the images have posted to their website. In the meantime, you might enjoy a trip to the past, when orange was orange and pants were wider than a six lane freeway and models were contortionists. In my research, I had a lot of fun going through my 1968 J.C. Penney's catalog, and thought you might enjoy some of the pages, too.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Rose Stanton said...

So groovy ;)

Andree Tracey said...

Oh, thanks, Elizabeth - groovy is good!