Wednesday, July 3, 2013

The Storm

It's been quite a week! I've been without power for five very long and hot days! Over 600,000 people lost power, and wouldn't you know it, my home was in the last remaining 1% to have power restored. It has been a very rainy month, so when the storm rolled through with straight line winds, huge trees just toppled over because the saturated ground could not hold the roots. Everywhere I look I see trees down with huge root balls sticking up out of the ground! The wind was so fierce that almost every house in my neighborhood including my own above, had a tree or a limb come down. Fortunately no one was hurt, and my roof was not damaged. It was not fun, but it was a bonding experience for my entire neighborhood, and we are now in the planning stage of the Post Storm Party to be held in the cul-de-sac next week. Welcome to summer!

No comments: